I normally recomend 123-reg for domain registrations because they seem to be reliably cheap and provide a lot of services for the money. Actually, you’ll not end up using many of those services if you use HostingByDavid for the web and email hosting – but it’s good to know they are there.
To register a domain with 123-reg
To use 123-reg to point your domain towards HostingByDavid servers
- First, log in to your 123-reg Control Panel.
- Select the domain and click the Manage button
- In Advanced Domain Settings, click Change Nameservers (DNS)
- Down at the bottom add the entries:
Nameserver 1: ns1.mainnameserver.com
Nameserver 2: ns2.mainnameserver.com
- And click Change Nameservers
- Then email me when you’ve done it. The changes should take place in 24-48 hours – but are often visible in a couple of hours!